Studio Olafur Eliasson is seeking a geometries specialist to join its practice in Berlin, Germany.
As geometries specialist, you will work in the small and dynamic team for advanced geometries at Studio Olafur Eliasson. This team operates within the design department, collaborating with the architects to translate the different projects into built reality. Our projects range from artworks to site-specific commissions, architectural projects and installations. We are looking for someone who is interested in experimental research as well as transforming this research into real projects by means of digital fabrication processes. We seek a highly motivated team player who is able to work independently and precisely. You have a strong passion for geometries and mathematics, and are able to utilise the modelling and programming tools in research and digital fabrication.
- interest in geometry, mathematics and physics
- ability to think analytically and conceptually
- excellent design skills and sensitivity for aesthetics
- curiosity and enthusiasm
- ability to work independently, precisely and elaborately
- ability to transform research into reality
- experience in digital fabrication (3D printer and CNC)
- experience in model building
- strong proficiency in Rhino 3D
- experience in programming geometries (e.g. with Grasshopper)
- additional software skills are beneficial
- a degree in industrial design, product design, architecture or related field
- this position requires good English skills, German skills are a plus
About Studio Olafur Eliasson
The team at Studio Olafur Eliasson consists of about one hundred people, including craftsmen and specialised technicians, architects, archivists and art historians, web and graphic designers, film-makers, cooks and administrators. We work with Olafur Eliasson to develop and produce artworks, projects, and exhibitions. We are a fast-paced team that understands the importance of slow, in-depth work. We hire highly-skilled team-players, and we value creative thinkers and doers with a passion for art.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application (cover letter, CV and portfolio), please indicate within your application your software skills and your earliest possible entry date. Please submit your application no later than March 10, 2019 using the ‘apply’ link below.
Studio Olafur Eliasson aims to promote an inclusive employment climate and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, parental or marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression.
Only complete, digital applications fitting the qualification profile will be considered.