WeWork has an opportunity for a senior project architect to join its team in San Fransisco, California.
About the role
We are currently in search of a senior project architect who is proficient and highly experienced with all phases of the design and construction process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility, design freedom, and the hunger to create amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
As a project architect, you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with hired consultants (MEP, Structural, local Architect of Record, GC’s and expeditor/s.
- ensure efficient and quality design projects, by collaborating with all teams on the execution of WeWork standards, goals and brand ideals
- communicate regularly to upper management and the project team with updates, for example, of the status of each project, potential issues on site, changes in schedule or budget, etc.
- work collaboratively with internal and external team members
- ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from deal release to opening
- responsible for determining and organising functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, and code analysis with minimal direction
- produce construction documentation utilizing Revit on projects
- comprehensive knowledge and experience of local construction processes and procurement
- ability to confidently review and markup construction documents
- knowledge of all disciplines, preferred
knowledge and comfort working with DDA, local building codes, and construction standards
- understanding of project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time
- comprehensive knowledge of building materials and construction methods
- excellent design and communication skills
- reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects
- excellent decision-making skills
- ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organisations and companies
- self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude, but open to feedback
- highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- eight + years practical experience in commercial or retail architectural design
- degree in architecture required – Stage three or local equivalent
- a commitment to delivering outstanding high end design
proficient in the following programs: Revit, all things Google, CAD, SketchUp, MS Office
fluent English speaker
Please apply only through the link provided, applications received via email will not be considered.