Adjaye Associates is looking for an interior designer to join its New York studio.
Our portfolio is diverse in scale and location and includes renovation and expansion, historic preservation, interior design and master planning. With a focus on socially and culturally impactful projects, our typologies ranges from museums, libraries, private residential, community spaces to civic monuments.
A successful candidate will understand the design process thorough programming, interior architecture, architectural specification, documentation, and furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) specifications. We are looking for someone who has prior experience working in an interior design studio and is familiar with high-end, custom design processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- working with design team to produce furniture plans, elevation drawings, diagrams and details
- assisting with all phases of project including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents
- rendering furniture plans and creating presentations, with an ability to create cohesive documents
- research/sourcing architectural and interior finishes, fabrics, and furniture
- email correspondence with various industry professionals including showroom representatives, fabricators, vendors and occasional client correspondence
- assisting with furniture purchasing and procurement – providing accurate order details to various vendors
- creating proposals, purchase orders, sending vendor payments and tracking orders
- coordinating and attending vendor meetings to review new products
- assisting with project installations
- bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited architectural or interior design program
- minimum two years’ full-time experience working for an interior design and/or architecture firm
- CIDQ license
- excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office suite
- interest and familiarity with space planning, furniture and materials selection
- interest in civic, educational sector, and museum projects
- experience working with purchasing software – Design Manager or similar
- knowledge of coordinating furniture budgets, finish schedules, and furniture legends
- ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and team player who can quickly adapt when necessary
Email cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format not to exceed 10MB, using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States