Adjaye Associates is looking for a landscape architect to join its busy London office.
Internationally acclaimed architectural practice, Adjaye Associates, was established in June 2000 by founder and principal architect Sir David Adjaye OBE. With offices in London and New York, we have a portfolio of high profile and award-winning work across four continents. Adjaye Associates offer a broad spectrum of architectural expertise from private houses, exhibitions, and temporary pavilions through to major arts centres, civic buildings, mixed-use developments and city masterplans.
Adjaye Associates believe that architecture presents opportunities for transformation – materially, conceptionally and sociologically. Driven by the desire to enrich and improve daily life, our buildings are designed to offer a rich civic experience, generate new typologies and ultimately meet the diverse needs of the communities they serve.
Landscape architect: job description
We are looking for a talented and experienced architect to work on high profile projects across the office. You will have extensive international senior level experience required in the role of an architect with projects across different countries post Part-III/equivalent experience working on international projects from planning to completion.
You will be a good communicator who is able to guide and supervise an architectural team, directly interfacing with clients and contractors.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression and carries high-level responsibility.
- responsible for the landscape design of one or more projects
- provides the design and delivery on a variety of projects
- establishes landscape requirements
- conducts preliminary site studies
- assesses sites’ potential to meet client specifications
- carries out environmental impact studies
- produces relevant creative documents for relevant client meetings and presentations
Qualities and skills required
- able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- understanding of different climates and conditions in order to recommend suitable planting
- evidence of a basic design understanding
- good graphic capabilities
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- ability to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, career long learning
- ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- ability to understand design decisions taken by others
- ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines that are clearly given
- intermediate level of ability to us the following; Adobe Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Packages Word, Excel, Outlook, Rhino, Autocad, Sketchup
- beginner level of understanding of following; Revit
- competitive salary
- email email@example.com with a subject title of ‘Architect Application 171222’
- include a CV and cover letter detailing why you think you would be suited to the role