AvroKO is seeking an intermediate interior designer to join its team in San Francisco, USA.
The intermediate designer acts as an AvroKO’s team member under the direction of the senior designer, with limited oversight. The intermediate designer is a team member in the design of a project from the definition and delivery of the design, from conceptualization, through development, coordination, documentation and execution in the field. On smaller projects, the intermediate designer may be the lead designer working directly with the project manager and/or principal in charge. This is a project specific role.
The intermediate designers core responsibilities are:
- as part of the team, prepare complete designs to meet the clients program, quality objectives, project constraints as well as AvroKO’s brand of design, with limited supervision required
- where required, assume responsibility for complete design of designated portions of the project as directed by the senior designer
- deliver presentations based on deliverables set forth in the contract and AvroKO’s architectural standards. Tasks may include, but not be limited to developing designs, 3D modeling, elevation renderings, mood board creation, cad drawings, image research, materials and furniture sourcing, tearsheets, specification pages, sample boards etc.
- lead the team on the development of the whole design of the project according to the design intent and senior designer directives
- reviewing documents to ensure they incorporate the design intent
- assist and mentor junior designers
- represent AvroKO and the design in consultant coordination and vendor liaison meetings
- lead in design coordination within AvroKO i.e. between architecture, FF&E and graphics, and between owners consultants and AvroKO
- primary team member responsible for managing, coordinating, creating and delivering presentations and documentation packages based on AvroKO’s deliverables standards for presentations and contract documents
- ensure the production and delivery of quality and timely sets of contract documents being drawings, specifications, budgets and reports as proscribed by the contract
- performs construction administration services including:
- responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met
- reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with design intent
- attending and reporting on field visits
- conducting punch lists reviews
- resolving problems and issues that arise during construction
Required skills and experience:
- must be willing to work in the office 16 hours per week
- over four to eight years of post-graduate design experience with significant experience in high end, conceptually driven interior design
- demonstrated conceptual approach to design
- persuasive presentation skills
- excellent teamwork skills. Ability to work collaboratively with design directors and creative managing directors across the firm
- excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail. Outstanding communication skills
- proven industry experience with common industry software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling applications, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, Spexx specification writing software a plus
- experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships.
- Strong writing skills (narratives, strategy, meeting minutes, proposals, etc.)
- minimum bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture. Master’s degree a plus
AvroKO offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental and vision insurance
- additional health benefits such as life insurance, LTD and additional voluntary life insurance
- vacation, sick leave, holidays and birthday/floating holidays
- annual bonus
- company matched 401(k) plan
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- quarterly employee events
- travel opportunities
Please submit your resume and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
AvroKO is dedicated to to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and gender expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
AvroKO is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].