BDP is seeking a bid and marketing coordinator to join its team in London, UK.
About the role
Contract: maternity cover, fixed-term contract six to nine months
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm (flexible/hybrid working may be an option)
BDP is looking for an experienced marketing and bid coordinator to work within its progressive marketing team to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing bid submissions and providing general business development/marketing support to specific, busy teams in its London office.
This is a varied and exciting position in which you will engage with different
principals, sector leads and directors to support a range of bid and marketing processes. You will support client-focused marketing and business development plans and initiatives in dedicated sectors and service groups. This will involve managing bids and preparing submission documents in In-Design, developing and managing regional or sector marketing material, supporting business development activities, working with and supporting the central marcoms team, and assisting at events as
well as other marketing-related tasks.
Reporting to the London marketing director and working as part of an established, supportive, highly effective and successful work-winning team, you will be organised and methodical with strong writing and interpersonal skills, along with a good understanding of both business development and marketing. Experience within the design or construction industry would be ideal but other backgrounds will be considered. Experience in submitting quality bid submissions is essential.
- manage the bid process, programme and documentation, communicating with teams regarding requirements/deadlines, etc
- produce, format and upload bid and submission documents in collaboration with the marketing team and the designated directors
- read and understand key bid deliverables and convey to relevant team members
- manage relevant input and content in BDP’s marketing information systems, collate and maintain marketing information including contacts, CVs, project descriptions and images, ensuring regular updates
- liaise with the regional marketing and central communications teams regarding new projects, project page updates, CV writing, supplying content for website, intranet and newsletters
- prepare awards submissions
- assist with the compilation of brochures and presentations
- undertake bespoke sector or service line research
- ensure that all communication initiatives are consistent with BDP’s brand
standards and guidelines
- assist with the organisation of sector/studio events, either in-house or
- interface professionally with clients and consultants, representing BDP positively
- provide cover for and support to other regional marketing team members as and when required
- any other reasonable duties as required
The role will require the following skills:
- excellent communication skills, especially written English
- organised and methodical approach
- ability to compile/format/proofread submission documents often to tight deadlines
- excellent knowledge of InDesign and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- willingness to learn and use BDP’s marketing information management systems effectively (Open Asset, Zoho, Deltek) and provide guidance to other staff in their proper use
- to be service orientated and have a client focus, with the ability to build
relationships internally and externally
- ability to manage own workload in order to meet tight deadlines
- ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- possess a proactive, understanding and flexible approach to dealing with issues and meeting concurrent deadlines
- ability to act in a confidential manner when dealing with all BDP activities and not divulge any information concerning the work being undertaken or any other BDP business, either internally or externally
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of engineers, architects and designers working together to create outstanding places for people. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Canada, the MENA region, India, and China. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1,000 awards for design quality.
Our studios are vibrant. We offer thought leadership and inspirational solutions, and we use our engineering ideas to shape design rather than simply implement solutions. We aspire to deliver projects with maximum value for our clients and minimum impact on the planet.
In return, BDP offers a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of BDP’s skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions, a great working environment and excellent prospects for career advancement. As BDP undertakes a number of projects which require security clearance, offers may be made subject to achievement of this, where appropriate.
To apply for this role please click on the apply button below. You will then need to complete the online application form. Please ensure that you attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Please include an indication of your salary expectations and notice period in your cover note.
BDP is actively fostering an inclusive organisation where people can be themselves and everyone has a sense of belonging. We want our teams to be diverse at every level, reflecting the communities we design for. As designers, we will create spaces for all that promote equity, well-being and participation within the built environment.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different skills, professional and life experiences, to join us and help us to achieve our aspirations.
We also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer.
Strictly no agencies or third-party applications please.