BIG is recruiting for a senior visualisation designer to join its studio in Copenhagen, Denmark.
BIG is a group of 500-plus architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our New York, Copenhagen, London and Barcelona offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining – to affordable housing that feels everything but, and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans travelling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One, to living in floating cities, and eventually Mars. While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates – a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG Schools offer in-house lessons, while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, and to give form to our future, one project at a time.
We are in rapid growth, and as we continue to professionalise and optimise, we are looking for an exceptional senior visualisation designer to join BIG’s visualisation department in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The profile we are looking for is a senior visualisation designer with creative flair, high technical ability and experience in visual narrative of projects and that must be able of contributing photorealistic imagery in cooperation with and under the direction of the visualisation manager and project leaders. The senior visualisation designer will be able to demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills to coordinate multiple projects and enthusiasm to mentor, teach, support, assist and inspire other artists.
Your responsibilities will include:
- actively participate in and contribute to the development of the visualisation department and the overall visual culture at BIG through amongst others positive engagement within the department, development of the overall skill set of BIG’s architects and interns and proactive investigations into new methods of visualisation technology (research and development)
- contributing photorealistic imagery to the visual narrative of projects, in cooperation with and under the direction of the visualisation manager and project leaders
- production of imagery that effectively communicates design intent to various stakeholder – clients, collaborators, internal stakeholders, and the general public
- creating high-quality imagery under tight deadlines and where applicable, animations and real-time simulations for both exteriors and interiors using technical, artistic and design skills
- assist and inspire architects and interns
- assist in the maintenance and development of BIG assets library
Desired skills and qualifications
- creative and thoughtful with a keen eye for aesthetics and composition
- advanced knowledge of all aspects of CGI and rendering methodology; model, texture, shading, look development, scene management, rendering, compositing and post-production etc.
- knowledge of the following software:
- excellent skills in digital 3D modeling/3ds Max and Rhino
- advanced rendering knowledge; V-Ray
- strong post-production skills; Photoshop and After Effects
- strong portfolio
- experience in architectural visualisation preferred
- good organisational and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- comfortable collaborating with colleagues at various levels
- enthusiastic to mentor, teach, support, assist and inspire junior artists
- ability to work within an English-speaking environment at a technical and professional level
- strong time management skills/able to prioritise duties, work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- dynamic, pro-active and fast learning
- positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- knowledge of Unreal Engine, Twinmotion and Unity workflow; experience in 3D architectural film workflow and/or digital film industry (advertising, short film), and/or photography is highly advantageous
- knowledge of Lumion and Enscape
- degree in graphic arts, architecture, product design or related design field
- speed-painting, picture compositing, impressive freehand sketching, perspective knowledge
Deadline for applying is end March and we conduct interviews on an on-going basis.