Bryan O’Sullivan Studio is hiring a junior interior designer to join its team in New York City.
This is a full-time position open to qualified designers with a minimum of two years’ experience working in a professional design office.
Bryan O’Sullivan Studio is an exciting interior design firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality design.
Though based in London, the studio has recently opened a branch office in New York. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious interior designer to work on a variety of exciting projects in New York. The applicant must currently reside in New York City or its vicinity.
Candidates responsibilities will include:
- assisting the design team with initial concept presentations, including sourcing imagery, 3D-modelling and rendering
- production of construction drawing packages, with particular emphasis on millwork and furniture detailing
- sourcing materials, ordering samples and compiling detailed schedule documents, including FF&E, fixtures and hardware
- ability to work within part of a larger project team, including liaising with outside consultants and suppliers on a regular basis
- ability to work and coordinate with the studio’s team in London via long-distance correspondence
- organisation and upkeep of sample library, keeping up to speed with new suppliers and products on the market
- site visits, including small scale surveys, minute taking and post-completion punchlists
Candidate should be:
- highly motivated, with excellent communication and organisational skills and the confidence to deal with clients and suppliers
- technically competent and efficient in delivering high-end projects to a specified budget and timescale
- knowledgeable of local project procurement and building regulations
- high proficiency in both written and spoken English
- have extensive Revit, AutoCAD, Creative Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft Office and 3D-modeling experience. Hand-sketching abilities would be a bonus
Candidates must have a university-level architecture or interior design degree with up to two years’ experience to apply for this role.
If you would like to work at Bryan O’Sullivan Studio, please submit your CV and six examples of your work using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States