Büro Ole Scheeren is looking for a senior architect/project leader with high-rise/super high-rise tower experience to join its teams in Hong Kong and Beijing.
Büro Ole Scheeren is an international architecture firm that practices architecture, urbanism, interior design, and research worldwide.
Büro Ole Scheeren’s work ranges from city-defining structures to cultural buildings, including the Guardian Art Center in Beijing, the mixed-use development DUO in Singapore, and the MahaNakhon tower in Bangkok, which have all been recently completed. Projects under development include two residential towers in downtown Vancouver; an innovative adaptive re-use project in Frankfurt, Germany; a high-rise complex in Ho Chi Ming City, Vietnam; and a landmark super-highrise complex in South China.
We are currently looking for a senior architect/project leader with a track-record of working on high-rise or super high-rise tower projects. Preference will be given to candidates with exceptional visual and design sensibilities. You will have solid knowledge of core, façade, structural and MEP coordination for iconic large-scale office and mixed-use building types. An ability to integrate design intent, multidisciplinary consultants’ input and project brief requirements into a high-quality project is essential. Candidates should have proven past experience on all stages of design from concept design, schematic and design development, construction documentation and tender/construction administration.
You will join a rapidly growing practice with steady career development perspective and opportunity to develop a key role in the management and design operations of the company. Initially, you will lead a dedicated project team or sub-teams with members from diverse backgrounds and skill sets to develop various phases of ambitious architectural proposals for high-rise and super high-rise complexes in Asia and globally. You will work closely with the company partners to develop design directions, produce drawing packages, and follow the project through construction.
- highly motivated and proactive individual with strong time management skills
- exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- competence to lead and work as part of a team
- complex project experience and excellent managerial skills
- previous experience in an international-level architectural design firm
- minimum 10 years’ experience post-qualification, master of architecture or equivalent
- strong design skills and visual communication skills, to high-quality standard
- sound knowledge of AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino
- knowledge of Revit a plus
- proven past experience on all stages of design from concept to tender/construction administration
- ability to deliver/assist with high-quality project submissions under time pressure
- rigorous production of project information and drawings for all procurement stages
- diligent multidisciplinary consultant team coordination skills
- fluency in English; Bilingual – Cantonese/Mandarin a plus
- track-record of extensive experience on high-rise or super high-rise towers, office and mixed-use developments
- extensive building core planning and coordination skills
- experience on structural and MEP integration for high-rise buildings
- façade detailing and technical coordination for high-rise towers
- thorough understanding of façade envelope performance specifications
- public interiors design and detailing skills for large-scale Office and mixed-use programs
Salary and benefits are commensurate with ability and experience. Positions are currently based in Beijing and Hong Kong.
Please email your CV and portfolio (in PDF format less than 10MB, no web links please) to email@example.com, quoting ‘Senior Architect/Project Leader – High-rise’ in the subject line of your e-mail.