Büro Ole Scheeren is seeking a senior project leader with mixed-use high-rise experience to join its office in Beijing, China.
Büro Ole Scheeren is an international firm that practices architecture, urbanism, interior design, and research.
Our work ranges from city-defining structures and innovative urban prototypes to carefully crafted cultural buildings, with projects across Asia, Europe and North America.
We have recently completed the Guardian Art Center in Beijing, DUO in Singapore, and MahaNakhon in Bangkok; our current developments include, amongst others, 1515 Alberni in downtown Vancouver, an innovative adaptive re-use in Frankfurt, a high-rise complex in Ho Chi Minh City, and a landmark super high-rise in Southern China.
For our growing Beijing team, we are looking for a senior project leader to head a talented team on a high-profile architectural commission in Southern China, through all design stages from concept through construction.
Responsible for overseeing this large scale complex project, you will have a strong understanding of both architectural design development and project management, to successfully lead the entire process of realising an ambitious and innovative architectural concept into built reality true to design intent.
You will represent and communicate the project both internally and externally with a strong sensitivity to our design approach. You will mentor your team and ensure clarity throughout the design and construction processes.
As an integral part of our office leadership team, you will have the potential to take on a key role in the design and management operations of our company.
- you have an excellent academic background with a master in architecture or equivalent
- your track record encompasses at least 10 years post-qualification in-depth involvement in design-led complex large-scale mixed-use projects through all stages of design and construction, with emphasis of senior-level involvement in the realisation of at least one mixed-use high-rise project in China or Asia
- you have worked in an internationally acclaimed architectural firm, and paired architectural design sensitivity with technical and managerial knowledge, and are able to communicate design and experience precisely and comprehensibly
- you excel in a dynamic work environment, enjoy the responsibility of leading and managing a team, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are literate in AutoCAD and Adobe CS, ideally also in Revit and Rhino.
English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Cantonese or Mandarin skills a plus
We offer long-term prospects within the supportive and stimulating environment of our international design network, with the opportunity to further your career, as well as competitive salary and benefits. We embrace diversity in all applicants’ backgrounds.
If this role excites you, please submit your CV and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 10MB, no website links please), using the ‘apply’ link below.
All application information will be treated as strictly confidential.