Caruso St John Architects is looking for an administration and communications assistant to join its London office.
Caruso St John Architects is a medium‐sized architecture practice with offices in London and Zurich. The practice works across a range of sectors in the UK and Europe and is well known for its cultural projects and collaborations with artists. Recent projects have included the commission for the British Pavilion at the 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale, the Stirling Prize‐winning Newport Street Gallery for Damien Hirst the Millbank project for Tate Britain and a suite of commercial galleries for Gagosian in London, Paris, Rome and Hong Kong.
The practice is looking for an administration and communications assistant to join the team in our London office and offer support to the office manager and new business and communications manager. This is a wide‐ranging position which, alongside assisting with the day‐to‐day operation of the London office, will involve several projects, including the delivery of exhibitions of the practice’s work and the compilation two forthcoming monographs.
This is an entry‐level position and would be an ideal first job for an enthusiastic and culturally engaged graduate keen to gain insight into the operation of a busy architecture practice with an international profile.
A good eye for design and familiarity with Adobe CC is required. A part‐time position could be considered for the right candidate.
- answer phones and direct calls
- unpack and put away deliveries
- keep the studio and back‐of‐house areas tidy
- book travel and accommodation for staff and keep records of bookings made
- order groceries and stationery supplies/maintain stocks of stationery and consumables
- monitor incoming emails to the office account and forward on relevant messages
- assist with archiving projects
- assist the office manager as needed
- assist with the compilation of material for books and monographs
- monitor incoming emails to the press account and forward on relevant messages
- respond to day to day requests for information from magazines and other publications
- respond to enquiries from architecture students
- maintain the press archive and PR database
- assist with delivery of exhibitions of the practice’s work
- maintain and update the practice website
- monitor architectural press and tendering portals for forthcoming opportunities
- assist with the layout and drafting of responses for PQQs, tenders and competition entries
- assist with the production of practice brochures and presentations
- maintain the practice image library and project information database
- familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office software
- strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- good time management and organisational abilities
- European languages
Please email your CV and short covering note to email@example.com.
We regret that due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to confirm receipt of applications over the phone or respond to candidates who have not been successful.
No agencies please.