Caruso St John Architects is seeking a German-speaking BIM manager to join its team in London.
Caruso St John Architects is a medium-sized architectural practice with offices in London and Zurich. The practice works in the UK and Europe and is well known for its cultural and other larger-scale projects, as well as its collaborations with artists. Recent projects include the commission for the British Pavilion at the 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale, the Newport Street Gallery, the Millbank project for Tate Britain and a suite of commercial galleries for Gagosian in London, Paris, Rome and Hong Kong.
We are seeking an experienced German-speaking architect, who will be based in the London office, to take on the role of BIM Manager for projects in Germany and the UK.
Core activities – project-specific:
- together with the project architect, liaising with clients and consultants to define BIM requirements
- setting up initial project models and associated BIM support documents.
- coordinating BIM documentation, including protocol and internal execution. ensuring the level of detail is as per the contract requirements
- creating and maintaining content library files and templates; creating and enforcing standards; and evaluating project models to ensure adherence to standards and good modelling techniques
- coordinating sub-contractors’ and consultants’ models. Integrating models and producing clash-detection reports. Chairing clash-detection meetings with the project team
Core activities – practice-wide:
- setting up a practice BIM strategy. managing, implementing and auditing CAD and BIM office standards, templates and manuals
- liaising with counterparts in the Zurich office, to ensure CAD and BIM standards are aligned
- providing ArchiCAD inductions for new members of staff and top-up training for existing staff
- keeping up to date with BIM regulations in Germany and the UK and disseminating new information in office CPD sessions
- liaising with software vendors and support providers
- minimum of three years’ experience with BIM projects
- expert knowledge of ArchiCAD
- knowledge of current BIM requirements in Germany
- awareness of German building contracts, procurement, construction methods and materials
- fluency in German and English
- experience of major commercial or cultural projects an advantage
- experience working with federated models and clash detection software
- technical detailing and construction administration skills
- design skills
- honesty, dedication, openness and creativity
- excellent organisation and communication skills
- confidence and ability to present BIM processes and concepts to diverse groups (project teams, clients, consultants)
This description is not exhaustive and may change from time to time to respond to the practice’s needs.
Application: Please apply with a hard copy of your CV and portfolio, addressed to:
Caruso St John Architects
1 Coate Street
Email applications will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to return any materials sent to us.