Caruso St John Architects is looking for a BIM manager to join its team in London.
Caruso St John Architects is a medium-sized architectural practice with offices in London and Zurich. The practice works in the UK and Europe and is well known for its cultural and other large-scale projects.
Our London office is seeking a BIM manager for projects in Germany and the UK. The successful candidate will be a confident German speaker; have a strong knowledge of ArchiCAD; and the desire to deal with BIM processes.
We welcome applications from less experienced candidates who are interested in growing into a BIM role and eventually leading the development of CAD and BIM systems in our office. Additional training and the opportunity to work with our external BIM consultants will be provided.
The main duties of the role are listed below.
- setting up initial project models and associated BIM support documents
- coordinating BIM documentation, including protocol and internal execution – ensuring the level of detail is as per the agreed requirements
- creating and maintaining content library files and templates; creating and enforcing standards; and evaluating project models to ensure adherence to standards and good modelling techniques
- coordinating sub-contractors’ and consultants’ models. Participating in clash-detection meetings with the project team
- managing, implementing and auditing CAD and BIM office standards, templates and manuals
- liaising with counterparts in the Zurich office, to ensure CAD and BIM standards are aligned
- providing ArchiCAD inductions for new members of staff and top-up training for existing staff
- keeping up to date with BIM regulations in Germany and the UK and disseminating new information in office CPD sessions
- fluency in German and English
- strong interest in BIM management
- advanced knowledge of ArchiCAD
- experience with commercial or cultural projects an advantage
- honesty, dedication, openness and creativity
- excellent organisation and communication skills
- confidence and ability to liaise with diverse groups regarding BIM processes (project teams, clients, consultants)
This description is not exhaustive and may change from time to time to respond to the practice’s needs.
Please apply with a hard copy of your CV and portfolio, addressed to:
Caruso St John Architects
1 Coate Street
London E2 9AG UK
Email applications will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to return any materials sent to us.