Chapman Architects has an opening for an architect to join its practice in London.
Chapman Architects is looking for a talented architect with strong design skills, with two-three years’ plus post-qualification experience. Experience of working on high-end residential projects would be an advantage.
At present Chapman Architects has a variety of projects that are ongoing, that the successful candidate would be involved in. As a small practice, there are great opportunities for the right person to progress within the company.
Starting date: end of June onward.
As a member of the design team you will be involved throughout the design process, on a variety of jobs ranging from sport and leisure, commercial projects and large high-end residential.
You will work both as part of a team and on your own to produce design concept drawings, 3D models, and progress projects through RIBA stages 4 to 7.
Qualifications, qualities and experience:
- experience of working on high-quality commercial and residential projects in the UK
- as well as being a talented designer, you must have proven experience of the detail design/construction stages
- experience of preparing tender packages and liaising with/leading the wider project team
- a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative
- a self-starter able to progress projects through all RIBA work stages
- experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- proficiency in ArchiCAD with outstanding design and technical skills
- excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- a good knowledge of contract administration and London’s planning laws
- friendly and personable
Salary is negotiable.
Applicants should submit a CV alongside examples of work, together with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role by clicking the ‘apply’ button, reference letters would also be an advantage.
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and four weeks (plus) holiday. Please be aware that due to the high quantity of applications we envisage receiving for this role, we will only be responding to applicants that we consider suitable for interview.
Chapman Architects is an equal opportunities employer
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom