Chapman Architects is seeking an architect to join its practice in London.
Chapman Architects is seeking an energetic architect with at least three years’ experience, post Part 3, to join its friendly, award-winning RIBA chartered practice, in Bermondsey, London SE1. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious architect, wanting to join a small practice, with exciting career prospects.
Chapman Architects has a portfolio of high-end projects in and around London, mainly within the commercial sector, and to include headquarters buildings, retail and arts, and encompassing both new build and the restoration of some unique buildings.
Qualifications, qualities and experience:
- proven experience of working on high-quality commercial projects in the UK
- documented experience of working on all stages of design from implementation through to construction and detailing
- a technical problem solver with the ability to work out architectural solutions whilst running jobs on site
- a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative and run a small team
- experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- proficiency in BIM with outstanding design and technical skills
- excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- good knowledge of contract administration
- experience of working on architectural jobs in London
- friendly and personable, with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
Applicants should submit a CV alongside examples of their work, together with a short covering letter, explaining your suitability for the role by clicking the ‘apply’ button. The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and 20 days + holiday, as a starting package.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
During the COVID-19 lockdown, we will be holding interviews online. You will be required to download Zoom if you are invited to interview. We are sorry to say that due to the high expected number of applicants for this job, we will only be contacting candidates we would like to interview.
Chapman Architects is an equal opportunities employer.