Dezeen is looking for a talented and ambitious individual to grow our business in China and run the Chinese edition of our awards programme.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised and deadline-driven, as well as an excellent communicator and relationship builder, with experience in running events and securing high-value sponsorship deals and other commercial partnerships.
Reporting to Dezeen’s China editor, the China business development and events manager’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- developing and building relationships with key brands and organisations in China
- selling Dezeen’s services in the Chinese market
- securing brand sponsorship for the Chinese edition of Dezeen Awards
- identifying and onboarding media partners
- coordinating the delivery of sponsor and media partner packages
- overseeing and delivering the Chinese edition of Dezeen Awards
- driving entries to Dezeen Awards China and managing the entries funnel
- organising key activities around launch, entry period, shortlisting, judging, master jury sessions and winners announcements
- reporting on insights and analysing performance data
The ideal candidate will have sales, marketing and event management experience.
Experience in a sponsorship sales or business development role is essential while marketing expertise and previous experience running an awards programme would both be highly advantageous.
Exceptional writing ability in Simplified Chinese is a must and candidates must also be proficient in written and spoken English.
Knowledge of the architecture and design industry in China is also essential, while a network of relevant contacts in the sector would be highly desirable.
The China business development and events manager will report to Dezeen’s China editor.
In addition, the role will involve working closely with Dezeen’s sales and Dezeen Awards teams, which are both based in London.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. However, we would be willing to consider remote working for the right candidate.
This will initially be a temporary position on a 12-month fixed-term contract at a rate of between 24,000 RMB and 28,000 RMB per month, depending on experience.
Dezeen is a global architecture and design magazine. Founded in London in 2006, the magazine has grown rapidly ever since and now has staff in the USA, Europe and China.
Our website dezeen.com attracts over three million visitors every month and we have a combined social media following of over seven million, including growing official WeChat and Red accounts in China.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications for all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover note along with your salary expectations to Dezeen’s China editor Christina Yao using the apply for job button below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.