Dattner Architects is looking for a project designer/architect to join its office in New York.
Dattner Architects is an award winning, mid-sized architecture firm based in New York City. We have a passion for the city, and for designing socially impactful spaces. Our firm is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and healthcare; infrastructure and transportation. We maintain a
vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, ‘happy hour’ presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
We are currently seeking a capable, intermediate-level project designer/project architect to join our interiors group. The selected candidate will work as a key part of a design team on all phases of project development – from planning and concept through design, FF&E selection, and construction documents, for high-profile residential, cultural, education, and healthcare interiors projects.
- bachelor/master of architecture, interior design or interior architecture
- five-eight years’ relevant professional experience working on high profile interior architecture projects
- demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate a small project, or defined portion of a larger project, from concept through construction documentation
- experience with materials selection, specification, and detailing
- strong aesthetic sense and design sensibility
- familiarity with architectural and interior details, finish materials, and
- experience with furniture specification and working with furniture dealers Contract furniture experience is preferred
- capable of working well independently, as well as with architecture teams
- outstanding graphic, 3D presentation, production and technical skills
- self-starter who is focused, articulate, well organized, and detail – oriented
- proficiency with Revit; familiarity with other 3D software and Adobe Design Suite
- familiarity with NYC Building code as applied to interior architecture
- NYS Architectural Registration or NCIDQ preferred
- candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Download the Employment Application form from our website and return the completed application with a cover letter, resume and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal/academic and professional work and be limited to 10MB.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our employment policy www.dattner.com/careers/diversity-equal-
3D printing technician
at UCL Barlett School of Architecture