David Kohn Architects is seeking a Dutch-speaking architect to join its team in London.
Contract type: ongoing and full-time
Salary: commensurate with experience
Responsible to: senior architect/practice associate
Location: Camden Town, north London
Advertised from: 8 August 2018
Applications by: 16 September 2018
Interviews: 17 September to 28 September 2018
Start date: From 8 October 2018
DKA is looking to appoint a Dutch-speaking architect with at least two years experience post-RIBA Part-III or equivalent, to lead a design team for an education scheme in Belgium. The ideal candidate will have experience leading design projects within Belgium and the Netherlands.
David Kohn Architects was established in 2007 and has gained international recognition for the quality of its design. The practice has recently won significant residential, education and arts projects, and work ranges from collaboration with artists to historic building renovation, from public spaces to urban strategies. Over the next five years DKA aims to grow organically, continuing to take on larger, more complex projects.
- responsible for managing a small project team delivering a significant project to the highest quality through all stages
- act as project architect
- drive project design development using physical models, CAD models, sketching and regular design reviews
- work closely with the senior architect leading the arts & education sector and the practice associate to ensure a coherent design approach is applied across all aspects of the project
- input on project resourcing and oversee time management of team
- liaise with clients and design teams
- oversee delivery of competitions within the sector within budget
Experience and knowledge:
- experience leading complex projects within Belgium (€10M – €15M)
- experience leading teams through all design stages
- experience of coordination on complex projects
- experience of project financial management and budgeting
- good knowledge of procurement and construction
- strong technical expertise and knowledge of current construction methods
- excellent design skills
- construction detailing
- excellent coordination and organisational skills
- software: Vectorworks (2D/ 3D), SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Rhino
- 3D modelling
How to apply
Applications should be made simultaneously in hard copy and via our job board.
Please post hard copies marked ‘architect’ to:
David Kohn Architects
125–133 Camden High Street
London NW1 7JR
Your application should include the following:
- a cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post, and why you want to work for DKA
- CV detailing previous experience and qualifications
- up to four sides of A4 showing images and drawings of key previous projects and personal work
We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
David Kohn Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.