De Zwarte Hond is looking for a project architect to join its studio as soon as possible in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
De Zwarte Hond is a design practice for architecture and urban design. We have offices in Groningen, Rotterdam and Cologne and have approximately 80 staff with whom we work on projects characterised by blending in, yet being special. We are fully committed to our designs, and we also assume responsibility for their realisation. The end product must be just as ambitious and beautiful as the first proposals.
We have a broad spectrum of knowledge and experience which we can call on to translate any assignment, however complex, into a clear intervention that adds quality. From a culture cluster in Tiel (NL) to a holiday home on an island (NL), or a station in Assen (NL).
The ideal candidate will:
- have a degree in architecture
- have 10 years of relevant work experience
- have a strong all-around design ability
- have a keen eye for detailing and materials
- have team running and project management skills
- have strong critical thinking skills, with a personal vision of the field
- be well-organised and be able to take initiative
- be a clear and articulate communicator
- have advanced knowledge of a drawing programme; ArchiCAD is a plus
- be fluent in Dutch and English; German is a plus
- be legally eligible to work in the European Union
De Zwarte Hond offers:
- a challenging job in a dynamic, professional practice with an informal working atmosphere
- committed colleagues and a professional and ambitious team
- an employment contract subject to the CAO (Dutch collective agreement for architectural firms)
- opportunities to develop yourself and your own initiatives
If you fulfil the key requirements and are interested in our approach to architecture, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Bart van Kampen with any questions (+31 10 240 90 30).
Applicants should submit a short cover letter (max. 1 A4), CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
No agencies please.