Dezeen is looking for a talented and ambitious architecture and design writer to join its team as US editor.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online architecture, design and interiors magazine, with three million readers a month.
We are looking for a talented journalist with extensive editing experience to oversee our coverage of the United States and the Americas.
Responsibilities will include:
- defining and overseeing the delivery of Dezeen’s US editorial strategy
- writing architecture and design news stories focussed on the Americas
- commissioning and editing freelance writers
- assembling stories for publication on Dezeen
- identifying and coordinating editorial coverage of hot topics and trends
- ensuring our Americas content is of the highest quality and adheres to Dezeen’s editorial policies
- representing Dezeen at events, including moderating talks or taking part in panel discussions
- helping to promote Dezeen and its services in order to generate new audience-building or revenue-generating opportunities in the US
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate an outstanding writing ability and knowledge of the architecture and design industries in the US. They should have a strong news sense, a track record of securing off-diary stories, experience of commissioning and editing agenda-setting content and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, news-driven environment
Experience of writing and editing online content is highly desirable, as is knowledge of SEO and analytics tools and experience of hosting or moderating events.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate based in the US with a network of contacts in the architecture and design industries, but we are willing to consider applications from journalists based in other places.
The role would require remote working for the immediate future.
To apply, please send your CV, writing samples and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role.
Dezeen is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff. We welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background.