Dubai Design Week is seeking a communications and PR manager to join its team in Dubai.
Deadline for application: 1 August 2018
This role is responsible for providing communications and PR execution throughout the design divisions at the Art Dubai Group, including Downtown Design and Dubai Design Week; specialising in media relations, generating press coverage and developing content for internal as well as external channels including digital and print materials. This role also provides a point of contact for stakeholders such as exhibitors and partners for the company’s portfolio of events in relation to communications commitments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- position the group’s events in accordance with the key messages and goals in the region and internationally
- implementing the key messaging for the respective accounts; the distinguished tones of voice, styles, and objectives
- overall communications coordination, across marketing and PR channels including liaising with appointed PR agencies
- copywriting and content development across the events portfolio
- assistance on event photography/videography briefings and scheduling
- consistent content management and development
- fulfilment of sponsor communications obligations and campaign support
- coordination of press collateral and materials in collaboration with production team
- develop press relations, contacts and media coverage across prior to, during and post events
- support key stakeholders and develop opportunities
- year-round support on communication angles, including execution and research
- liaison with target publications and for activations, media partnerships and cross promotions
- manage and evaluate media planning and media buying strategies
- press tracking and reporting on coverage and statistics across all PR and marketing channels
The candidate must have the following:
- two-four year’s work experience in executing and managing PR and communications channels and strategy
- excellent English written and verbal capabilities
- experience with Photoshop or InDesign
- a strong eye for detail, visual esthetics and interest in design and the cultural scene
- ability to keep learning and adapting the strategy in a highly dynamic company
- a team player able to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- good relationship building skills and motivation to maximize opportunities
- knowledge of Photoshop and/or InDesign preferred
- strong communication skills and a team player
It will be a demanding role with excellent opportunities to grow in a very dynamic company, based in Dubai.
Candidates should submit their application by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.