Emrys Architects is looking for an architect to join its team in London.
Position: post-Part 3 architect
Salary: tbc; based on experience
Start date: Feb 2020
About Emrys Architects
We are an award-winning practice based in Smithfields, London. Our work is primarily London-based and is within residential/arts and culture/commercial sectors.
We are looking for a highly motivated architect to help deliver some of the exciting schemes we have in the office. We believe dialogue and communication is the key to unlocking problems and creating great design; all candidates should demonstrate a willingness to work within a team environment.
All Emrys Architects staff work on new business projects and competitions in addition to their day-to-day project work. Emrys Architects are a BIM-enabled office; candidates should ideally have on-project experience of working with Revit. We expect our staff to be enthusiastic participants in the wider building industry and to demonstrate an awareness of developments and innovation in design and construction.
What we’re looking for (ARB registration mandatory)
- can you show us you’re passionate about the work you do? What makes you a great candidate?
- can you demonstrate experience/involvement in complex building projects from inception to delivery?
- can you demonstrate experience on projects in the planning process; including a good understanding of planning policy/housing standards/building regulations?
- can you demonstrate working knowledge of BREEAM/sustainable design/wellness?
- candidate should have a strong grasp of construction procurement, demonstrating critical appraisal in procurement options/contract types and contract administration
Core skills – computing:
- good working knowledge of Revit
- project experience of BIM (ideal, but not mandatory)
- ability to use 3D modelling for design coordination (Google SketchUp etc)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- NBS Create (specification)
Please submit CV and a sample of your work (no more than 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.
Deadline for submissions: Weds 8 January 2020
No agencies or third party applications please.
Emrys Architects is an equal opportunities employer.