Emrys Architects is looking for a project architect to join its London-based practice.
Position: project architect – minimum three-five years post-Part III experience
Salary: TBC based on level and experience
Start Date: immediate/notice period
About Emrys Architects
We are an award-winning practice based in Smithfields, London. Our work is primarily London-based and is within residential/arts and culture /commercial sectors.
Emrys architects are looking for a highly motivated project architect to join residential and commercial projects in the London area. All candidates should demonstrate a willingness to work within a team environment where dialogue and communication is the key to unlocking problems and creating great design.
All Emrys staff work on new business projects and competitions in addition to their day-to-day project work. Emrys are a BIM-enabled office; candidates should ideally have on-project experience of working with REVIT, but please don’t be put off if you don’t have BIM experience. We expect our staff to be enthusiastic participants in the wider building industry and to demonstrate an awareness of developments and innovation in design and construction.
Key competencies: ARB Registration mandatory
- can demonstrate experience/involvement in complex building projects in residential and commercial sectors from inception to delivery
- can demonstrate experience of guiding projects through the planning process; including a good understanding of planning policy/housing standards/British Council for offices standards
- can demonstrate working knowledge of building regulations/Breeam/sustainable design/wellness
- candidate will have a strong grasp of construction procurement, demonstrating critical appraisal in procurement options / contract types and contract administration
Core skills- computing:
- project experience of BIM/Revit – ideal, but not mandatory
- good working knowledge of AutoCAD – the right candidate can switch from other programs
- ability to use 3D modelling for design coordination
- Adobe Creative Suite Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator
- NBS Create – specification
Please send CV and a sample of your work – no more than 5mb to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Project Architect Application’ within the subject header.
No agencies or third party applications please.
Emrys Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
Print studio graphic design internship
at The Architectural Association School of Architecture