Established & Sons is currently looking for a sales manager to join its London practice.
The company is a uniquely positioned design company focused on producing and representing all that is innovative in contemporary designer furniture.
It has become internationally respected, not only for working with some of the world’s leading designers, architects, artists and artisan studios but also through introducing up-and-coming creative talent.
The company has been in business for more than 10 years but remains young at heart with a dynamic team that has ambitions to grow the business significantly over the next five years.
Roles and responsibilities:
- drive international sales and business development with high degree of autonomy, reporting directly to senior management
- manage customer relationships at all levels and extend the customer base by working with agents, distributors and direct clients in the company’s priority target markets
- maximise the sales, margin, turnover and volume with the existing and new to be developed customers
- define account plans for big prospects and customers in order to prioritise the day to day customer related activities
- implement account strategy for major customers
- propose payment terms per country/customer and follow payment issues
- understand and focus on customer’s needs in supply, quality and product development
- ensure the best service possible is given to customers by working effectively with production and logistics
- follow up on disputes and commercial complaints together with the customer service office in order to assure positive and profitable customer relations
- seek and analyse market feedback and provide it to senior management in a timely and succinct fashion
- compile sales KPI reporting (weekly/monthly) and participate in sales performance review discussions with senior management
- take charge of organising the company presentation in the trade fairs in conjunction with the marketing manager (Salone del Mobile Milan, London Design Festival)
- involvement in the marketing strategy, drafting and distribution of sales material
- academic degree (university or similar education)
- ideally experience of at least four years in a sales position in the design world, ideally in furniture
- affinity towards the design industry and luxury goods market
- strong commercial acumen, highly numerate
- hands-on mentality and ability to work autonomously
- excellent communication and negotiation skills
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and financials. Experience of working with ERP systems a plus
- language skills: excellent English
- French or German speaking preferable but not essential
Location: Established & Sons, 7 Tilney Court, London, EC1V 9BQ