Foster + Partners is looking for a concept artist to join its team in London.
Job title: artist (concept)
Reporting to: partner on day to day basis and ultimately to the design director
Foster + Partners, the internationally acclaimed architectural practice, are looking for concept artists to join their talented team in London. The role encompasses traditional drawing and storyboarding techniques whilst pushing the boundaries of digital painting using the computer and the iPad pro. This unique position will work alongside a team of artists to create conceptual artistic visions of projects across the global practice.
- creating concept art of atmospheric environments, visualising designs at all stages of a project
- creating sketches, drawings and paintings for key ideas and storyboarding projects
- strong visual storytelling ensuring that images captivate the viewers imagination
- creating concept art at various levels of detail and of finish to varying time constraints
- demonstration of strong architectural understanding of layout, spatial proportions, perspective, scale and massing
- environment design – ability to create inspirational environments in an array of styles, always with close attention to composition, lighting and colour
Qualities and skills required:
- sketching and drawing of people, buildings and environments
- relevant working experience in concept art in architecture or film industry or other related industries
- degree in graphics design, art, architecture or other relevant design training
- a good knowledge of architecture and architectural styles would be advantageous
- strong visualisation skills including composition, perspective and colour theory
- experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp and Illustrator
- knowledge of form, scale, composition, use of detail and visual storytelling
- clear and confident communication skills
- excellent organisational skills and time management
- able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- legally able to work in the country in which the position is based
- in return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension and DIS
If you would like to be considered for the position please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
Please note due to the high number of applications we receive if you haven’t had a response within five days, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.