Foster + Partners is looking for industrial designers to join its industrial design team in London.
The industrial design team at Foster + Partners develops a wide range of products designed in response to a particular project, or working directly with clients on product commissions for commercial manufacture. Clients include; Vitra, Poltrona Frau, Lumina, Artemide, Stelton and many more.
Role responsibilities include:
- preparing and developing new design proposals for products and furniture based on a design brief
- creating presentations by means of hand sketches, technical drawings, graphics, CAD models
- building development and presentation models
- being a consultant to the architectural and interiors teams
- a strong creative mind and being able to demonstrate a coherent design process
- skilled use of Solidworks, Rhino and KeyShot
- strong hand sketching abilities
- strong sketch-model making skills
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent design skills alongside a willingness to be part of a diverse and knowledgeable team.
Located on the banks of the River Thames in Battersea, the studio is an exceptional work campus. It offers several wellbeing initiatives as well as organised sports clubs and gym discounts. The practice hosts regular workshops and CPD presentations by external experts aimed towards personal and professional development, as well as an annual calendar of social events for all employees.
Further benefits include:
- tailored learning and development programmes
- group pension scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- income protection scheme
- season ticket loan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised canteen
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This position requires candidates to have an industry recognised diploma or degree in furniture/product design or a similar field. Experience in furniture design is desirable.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and portfolio.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.