There is an opportunity at fuseproject for a senior industrial packaging designer to join its office in San Francisco, USA.
We are seeking a senior industrial designer, with an emphasis on structural packaging. Ideal candidates will have an outstanding packaging portfolio and experience building and guiding a team of designers.
We are hiring to support a long-term partnership with a fortune 500 client who is transforming their ecosystem of products and reshaping their entire category with fuseproject. The overall program has a multi-year trajectory and spans across all studio disciplines.
- defining and leading the activities required to generate a clear, compelling, and actionable design point of view for the packaging team
- primary content creator responsible for all design deliverables on the project
- collaborating with program managers and design leads to define and refine scope, brief and approach to the project
- strong hands-on skill as well as solid ability to collaborate with brand and strategy teams to ensure 2D and 3D is aligned
- strong client relation skills a must, ability to interact independently with the client to further fuseproject’s design point of view and to support the continuity of design vision throughout the production process
- mentoring level 1 and 2 industrial designers and interns
- ongoing and day-to-day involvement with the client’s engineering, science/R&D, operations and manufacturing teams
- international travel required
- five-eight years of relevant experience in industrial/packaging design, packaging development, production process, consulting agency, in-house experience or equivalent
- deep knowledge of packaging materials, sustainable materials, packaging production processes
- deep understanding of quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
- familiarity with fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and consumer packaged goods (CPG)/products/manufacturing
- willingness to take direction and learn from others
- passionate thinker about consumer behaviour
- multilingual skills are welcome
- sensitivity to international consumers and markets
- strong sketching skills, model making, Adobe Creative Suite, CAD (Rhino, Alias, or Solidworks), Keyshot, ArtiosCAD a plus
- bachelors degree in industrial/product design
You must apply via our website.