Gachot Studios is seeking an interior architect to join its firm in New York, USA.
Interior architectural designer
The studio is currently working on a wide range of private residential, multi-family, retail and hospitality projects. This position would assist on the architectural interior design of multi-family and hospitality projects.
Candidates must have experience in the interior design and architecture process, from concept creation to design development, as well as project team coordination, shop drawing review and construction administration. Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently on multiple projects.
Job scope includes:
- develop design concepts with direction from internal project team
- produce all necessary architectural drawings, including plans, elevations, sections, RCPs, and finely detailed millwork drawings
- coordinate with Architectural & MEP consultants
- organize and coordinate drawing sets with project team consultants (architect, lighting designer, MEP engineers, etc.)
- maintain drawing set organization
- selection and coordination of architectural specifications
- coordinate with project team on project schedules
Job requirements include:
- bachelor’s degree in architecture (masters preferred) with five years of experience at the same firm
- highly proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe CS
- proficiency in Rhino and V-Ray or Maxwell, for interior rendering, is a plus.
- strong presentation skills
- strong project team coordination skills
- ability to work on multiple projects, and schedule work flow in a fast paced environment