Gort Scott is looking for an architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural studio working on a varied portfolio of interesting public-and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small-scale projects the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award. The office currently has an Oxford College project on-site, interesting refurbishment and adaptive re-use projects and other urban projects involving intense mixes of use.
We are a dedicated, friendly office, with a creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas. We use a number of methods to design, prioritising sketching and model making alongside 3D modelling.
We are currently looking for a strong Part 1 architectural assistants to join our expanding office of 25 people.
The following skills are also required.
Please check your particular experience fits the criteria prior to applying:
- strong design and representation skills
- excellent modelmaking skills
- knowledge of Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is preferable
- knowledge of Revit (BIM) is preferable
- an interest in construction and materiality
- a proactive approach to working, with an ability to take initiative
- good freehand sketching skills
- good written and speaking communication skills
- fluency in speaking and writing English will be essential
Instructions for applying:
- please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email
- please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, using the ‘apply’ link below, for the attention of Nancy Edwards
- please write Part 1 in the subject header
- no CVs over 5MB
- no agencies
Salary depending on experience.
Application deadline: 19 December 2019
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs.
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer.