GRT Architects has a vacancy for a project manager to join its firm in New York, USA.
GRT Architects is an award-winning, design-oriented firm based in Brooklyn, NY whose work is primarily residential, historic renovation, and hospitality with a side of product design, teaching and self-initiated projects. In our small firm all team members are exposed to all phases of projects with equal emphasis on design, construction and administration. We are seeking to fill the role of Project Manager which is a position that requires experience with all phases of small to medium-sized design-oriented projects.
You will work alongside the partners to take a lead role, managing projects from concepts to construction administration. The ideal candidate is seeking equal exposure to design, management of consultants and junior designers, drafting and detailing, project admin and construction administration.
Your day might include:
- managing one or more designers at our firm
- managing one-five consultants, attend A/E team meetings
- preparing design presentations
- drafting construction documentation including detailing, schedules, and specifications
- reviewing shop drawings and submittals, visiting suppliers, reviewing mockups
- corresponding with general contractors and sub-contractors
You must have:
- two or more years of experience at an architecture firm where you undertook a similar scope of work
- four or more years experience if your previous work environment is significantly different
- demonstrated experience in all stages of design and construction administration
- excellent graphic, communication, and organizational skills
- demonstrated knowledge in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- good interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with and support your design team
- pro-active, self-driven, and confident in a fast-paced working environment
- possess all legal permits and visas required to work in the US
- fluency in written and spoken English
- ability to marry high standards for technical and creative proficiency to make distinctive architecture
- a small office with a fun, collaborative environment among all levels of staff
- commitment to healthy and balanced lifestyles by offering comprehensive benefits including a competitive health care plan, and commuter benefits
- generous paid time off policy
- encouragement of professional development through reimbursement of licensures, exams, and classes
We are an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Only candidates whose skills match the minimum requirements above should apply.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.