Gustafson Porter + Bowman is seeking a landscape architect to join its firm in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating authentically engaging and beautiful spaces in a global portfolio. 2020 will be an exciting year for us with several new projects taking off, and we are looking for a design-lead landscape architect with a minimum of three years’ post-graduate experience to join our friendly, sociable, hard-working and collaborative team, based near Camden in London at the start of 2020.
Landscape architects at our practice undertake the full scope of landscape architecture duties on their projects and are involved from inception to completion. They work on design, detailing and supporting the cost estimating, the preparation of contract and tender documentation, tendering and administration of contracts and all works on-site to completion, supported and guided by senior colleagues and the Partners.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- ambition, talent and a desire to develop into a strong and independent project lead managing medium-sized landscape designs
- excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- accomplished design, hand sketching and graphic skills with the ability to communicate coherent and well-resolved ideas clearly
- proficiency in all relevant software packages (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Office 365, Illustrator, Photoshop), competency in using Grasshopper 3D and Rhino would also be preferable
- demonstrable experience of the day-to-day running of a small project with a project team and lead partner, producing reports and assisting with project costings
- confidence liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the ability to develop strong relationships with them
- experience of attending and presenting at client meetings
- site analysis, public consultation, tendering, specification and construction experience
- a team player approach, willing to assist others, and to share and contribute to the learning outcomes of the whole practice
In return, we offer a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment, with a regular CPD schedule throughout the year, design review sessions, and the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide, ensuring an extensive and diverse career experience. In addition, we offer all of our staff annual training allowances, support for advancing professional qualifications, and have an active social calendar each month.
Closing date for applications: 05 November 2019
Start date: start 2020
Salary dependent on experience (£32,000 – £35,000)
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from us, please consider your application unsuccessful in this instance.
Strictly no agencies, please.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
Please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below.