Gustafson Porter + Bowman is seeking a marketing and new business coordinator to join its team in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice who design and create authentic and engaging spaces within a global portfolio.
We currently have an opening for bright and capable marketing and new business coordinator with an ambition to make a significant contribution to the success of our practice. The position works with and is support by the whole team, and is dedicated to helping to grow both our UK and international projects, as well promoting the awareness of high-quality contextual landscape architecture in the natural and built environments.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within the design and architecture/landscape architecture sector and thrive in a fast-paced and varied role. They will be adept searching out new business opportunities, producing pre-qualification and tender submissions, and writing engaging text and graphic presentations of the highest standard. They should enjoy creating marketing materials, award submissions and working with the partners in composing captivating presentations which are delivered globally. Tenacity, enthusiasm and passion are all very important, as well as enjoying the sociable team environment and successes of their hard work.
Key responsibilities – new business:
- proactively identify new business opportunities, including reviewing OJEU notices, ensure that all enquiries are followed up
- lead the preparation of fee tenders and expression of interest submissions, managing the processes from start to finish, ensuring all deadlines are met and progress tracked
- coordinate with external and internal contributors for bids and document material
- update and maintain bid collateral
- provide debrief analysis after all submissions and formulate the strategy for ongoing successes
Key responsibilities – marketing:
- maintain and create in-house written and graphic marketing collateral including biographies, brochures, display boards, press releases, media relation pieces, presentations and the ongoing development of the practice’s mini-book series
- manage practice templates and ensure brand consistency across all output
- run the digital and social platforms including the website
- maintain and update OpenAsset image database and press archive
- identify potential speaking opportunities for partners and associates and support with presentation material
- coordinate arrangements and requirements for conferences and lectures
- present ideas and openings for thought leadership through online and print articles
- identify potential award opportunities and complete submissions
Close collaboration with the partners and with all design team members is fundamental to the position, as well as playing an intrinsic part of the five-strong support team in the practice’s day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- ambition, talent and eager to build on their existing professional experience
- two-three years’ minimum previous experience of responding to bids and managing related materials
- strong knowledge of the architecture and landscape architecture industry and related press
- excellent English language communication skills, with the ability to write engaging and relevant text within the house-style
- a committed, professional and commercial drive, able to take key directions as well as work independently
- highly proficient in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office
- proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop would also be advantageous
- skilled in designing and preparing layouts, with excellent attention to detail and solid proofreading
- confident liaising with collaborators and other professionals, acting as an ambassador for the practice, and first point of contact for potential projects
- be able to thrive in a busy, open environment, identify priorities and work within tight deadlines
In return, Gustafson Porter + Bowman offers a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment with a strong team ethic. We provide all of our staff annual training allowances, support for advancing professional qualifications, and have an active social calendar.
Start date: November/December 2019
Salary: dependent on experience
In your application, please include your CV, cover letter and clear examples of your previous work including writing style, along with your current availability and salary expectations.
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, please consider your application unsuccessful in this instance.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
Please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below.