Handel Architects is looking for a senior graphic designer to join its studio in New York.
Handel Architects is an award-winning design firm with offices in New York City, Boston, San Francisco and Hong Kong. Our work straddles the boundary between architecture and urban design, leveraging individual opportunities to create something greater: positive urban and social change. We are a fast-paced and results-driven company, and are always looking for people that share our passion.
The New York office is currently looking for a senior graphic designer to assist in the visual communication of the firm’s mission. The ideal candidate is proactive, with well-developed critical thinking skills who is able to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
- shaping the firm’s visual identity
- collaborating with architecture and interiors design teams to visually communicate a variety of concepts
- collaborating with the marketing team to produce branded presentations and proposals
- furthering the firm’s graphics style and brand to ensure that we continue to be seen as modern and relevant
- working directly with the firm’s partners to research, conceptualize, and design presentations
- designing branded materials in both print and digital formats, including brochures and advertisements
- creating environmental graphics, signage, murals, logos, wallpaper, etc.
- creating or maintaining graphic content of the website
- composing branded digital newsletters and e-blasts
- maintaining firmwide images database
- acting as a resource on all graphic design and graphic software related issues for the firm
The ideal candidate will have three to seven years of experience and will have very strong typography and graphic sensibility. Attention to detail is critical, as is an ability to multitask under tight deadlines. The candidate will need to have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will need to be extremely skilled in Adobe CC Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge and/or experience in the field of A/E and interior design is a plus.
Please submit a PDF resume and portfolio with a minimum of 10 pages and a maximum of 50. Only include work in which you were the primary designer.
No phone calls please.