Heatherwick Studio is seeking a project architect to join its team in California, USA.
Location: Mountain View, California
Starting time: March/April 2020
Currently, the studio has a growing portfolio in California with a number of projects under construction. This role may evolve as our projects develop in the region however your main responsibility joining the role will be supporting the construction documentation and construction administration of one or more projects in the area. You will be reporting to our locally-based senior architect. As the main project team is based in London you will also act as a key point of contact between the London team and local activities. You will be guided by the senior architect and has extensive exposure to site activities of very complex large scale projects.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced project architect/designer who wishes to gain more in-depth and hands-on experience/knowledge by realizing some of the best design ideas.
The successful candidate will visit London studio to understand the studio’s approach of work and get to know the teams before starting in California.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Your main responsibilities:
- protect the studio’s design intent
- coordinate activities and communications between London team and local stakeholders
- contribute to the resolution of complex technical/design issues
- translate clients functional and spatial requirements into feasible design solutions
- prepare working drawings, sketches and presentation packages
- help on tasks for site inspections and producing reports
- help to communicate with local stakeholders and consultants
- support the local team with ad-hoc tasks
Your experience, skills and attributes:
- M. Arch or equivalent with at least six years’ professional experience
- experience in construction phases and knowledge of local building codes
- experience working with local design partners would be advantageous
- familiarity with CBC or IBC
- experience coordinating large scale complex projects, especially with teams in different geographic regions.
- experience in all phases of design and construction process
- ability to work with InDesign, Photoshop, Rhino, Revit and Microsoft Office
- enjoy working with new concepts and ideas in an unconventional approach
- eager to learn and being highly proactive
- can work independently and highly organised
- problem-solving to help achieve design intent
- flexible can adapt quickly to new things
- enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- open to new ideas and working procedures
- clear communicator and information sharer
- knowledge of international architectural trends and technologies
How to apply:
Please apply here with your updated CV, portfolio (within 10MB) and a cover letter to tell us why you would be great for this role.