IF_DO is looking for a RIBA Part 1/2 architectural assistant to join its team in south London.
The role will involve working on a variety of live projects in residential, education, arts, and culture sectors, as well as on competitions, bids and research projects.
Our young practice thrives on its friendly atmosphere, encouraging all members of the team to exchange ideas and engage with a wide range of interesting projects.
You should be enthusiastic, creative and energetic.
- production of 2D drawings in CAD
- creation of 3D models using SketchUp and Rhino
- presentation renders and visuals using Photoshop
- model-making and hand drawing
- creation of graphics and art work for diagrams
- compilation of presentations in InDesign
- assisting with compilation of EOI and competition documents
- participation and presentation in meetings with clients, consultants and contractors etc.
- Part 2 assistants will be expected to design and deliver smaller building projects through all RIBA stages (with support)
Required skills and experience:
- RIBA Part 1/2 (or equivalent qualification)
- exceptional design skills
- good working knowledge of CAD (Vectorworks preferred)
- high level of competency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- proficiency in 3D computer and physical modelling
- good research and development techniques
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong project management skills
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- good communication and presentation skills
- good time management, planning and attention to detail
- ability to multitask while working under pressure
- ability to think creatively and problem-solve through design
- professional and ‘can-do’ attitude
If you do not meet all the listed criteria but feel that you could be a good fit for the practice, then please still apply. We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of applicants.
IF_DO is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: in line with RIBA scales.
How to apply
The application should include a brief cover letter (setting out the reason for applying to work at IF_DO), a CV and sample portfolio as PDF documents.
Applicants should state clearly their qualification level and earliest start date in their covering email.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to start immediately (August 2019).
Attachments should not exceed 10MB.
Deadline for applications: Friday 2 August 2019.