Interface is looking for a designer to join its team in Yorkshire, UK.
Interface is a global flooring company specialising in carbon-neutral carpet tile and resilient flooring, including luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and nora® rubber flooring. We help our customers create high-performance interior spaces that support well-being, productivity and creativity, as well as the sustainability of the planet. To achieve this, we rely on constant innovation and improvement. We support the individual’s initiatives and nurture ideas to grow.
We are looking for a full-time designer to join our European product design and innovation team based in the European Design Centre located at Dean Clough in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
About the role
We are a team of designers that are responsible for the design and implementation of products entering the EMEA Market. Including global collections, custom designs and standard portfolio offerings of floorcoverings and LVT.
- to deliver custom and special design/colourway requests for tufted products drawing upon all resources available to satisfy customer requirements
- create new and innovative designs and colourways using superior design knowledge for tufted and LVT products, for brand and market segment product lines. Based on market research and trends, delivering products that support the New Product Development (NPD) process, on time and on budget
- use CAD skills to create pattern and machine files
- global product adaptation for European manufacturing requirements
- oversee NPD trials, working with our colleagues in operations at our manufacturing locations across Europe
- work closely with marketing and sales throughout the NPD process
- collaborate with our concept design team to meet regional and customer demands
- research trends following trade fair visits and share with the business
- represent the team during customer visits, regional meetings and new employee training
- contribute to processes within our studio to keep the department running efficiently
- be committed to the company’s core values, working towards the same common goal to share a bigger purpose
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- previous design experience typically gained in the textile industry
- a formal qualification in textile design
- project management skills
- competency in CAD textile design software including Photoshop, Illustrator/InDesign
- excellent communication skills at all levels
- self-motivation and also the ability to work as part of a team
We offer a challenging and supportive working environment in our modern, biophilic, open plan office at Dean Clough, Halifax. Dean Clough is situated in a central location with great transport links and free car parking.
If you are interested in applying please submit your application via the link below.
Successful candidates will be required to present their portfolio.
Application closing date: 24 January 2020