KPF is working with Archibucks to find an intermediate/senior urban designer to join its growing team in Shanghai.
With 600 staff and six offices worldwide, Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF) is one of the world’s pre-eminent architecture firms, providing architecture, interiors, programming and master planning services for clients in both the public and private sectors. Our diverse portfolio comprises corporate, hospitality, residential, civic, transportation, and mixed-use projects in more than 40 countries. KPF has designed over 80 projects across China that have either reached completion or are currently construction, including some of the tallest and most iconic buildings in many major cities. Some examples are Hong Kong’s International Commerce Centre, Shenzhen’s Ping An Finance Centre, Guangzhou’s CTF FinanceCentre, Beijing’s CITIC Tower, and the Shanghai World Financial Center, as well as the recently completed Jing An Kerry Centre.
We are looking for:
Intermediate/senior urban designer:
As a member of the urban design team in Shanghai, you’ll work on medium and large mixed use masterplans and urban regeneration projects. You should be able to experience in site concepts, programming, understand circulation, landscape and density concepts, as well as be able to generate architectural massing concepts.
- university graduate with urban design or architectural education background
- five+ years post graduate experience in developing medium to large size mixed use masterplans
- sufficient knowledge and understanding of Chinese regulations and international standards
- an understanding of circulation, landscape and density concepts
- international background essential
- familiarity with AutoCAD, Adobe, Rhino
- demonstrated fluency in spoken and written English (Mandarin bonus but not essential)
- strong cooperation and communication skills
- able to work independently with minimum guidance
- proactive and positive personality
- able to work in a fast paced international environment
Archibucks is a professional design and engineering talents recruitment firm in China. We recruit designers including architects, landscape architects, urban planners/designers, interior architects and engineers including structural engineers, MEP engineers, building engineers for over 100 leading design and engineering firms in China. Our clients include Aedas, SOM, Mad, Aecom, Arup, CallsionRTKL, Valode and Pistre, Chapmantaylor, China National Petroleum Corporation and other top leading international design and engineering firms.
We accept candidates who want to find an internship or formal job in design/engineering firms in China. Most our employers are based in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen.
Submit your application package including a CV and portfolio, all in English.
Tele-interview: qualified applicants will be invited for a tele-interview arranged by Archibucks or employers.