Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group is looking for a mid-weight interior designer (F&B) to join its team in London, UK.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and creative mid-weight interior designer to join our in-house restaurant design studio in the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group’s lively and friendly north London head office.
Who we are
As an integral part of the wider business, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group is a passionate team delivering amazing and ever-evolving dining experiences for our international restaurant business.
The team’s in-house design studio oversees the design of each and every restaurant. Our purpose is to assist in the growth of the existing 70+ strong international restaurant estate through supporting the design and development of our diverse brands across the globe. To deliver beautiful restaurants that function well and are cost-effective, restaurants that our partners are proud of and most importantly that Jamie is proud of.
We work alongside the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group’s wider creative teams who work on Jamie’s award-winning books, TV and digital content; industry experts who develop Jamie’s range of kitchenware, food products and partnerships; plus the campaigns team who lead the way on Jamie’s ambitious goal to halve childhood obesity by 2030.
What you’re here to do
As a key member of the design studio, you will be responsible for running multiple F&B projects and supporting local design teams in the delivery of our new restaurants. As a brand guardian, you will be integral to ensuring the brand is protected and well represented through the restaurant design.
In addition to interior design, you will have a unique chance to work alongside our F&B, business development and operations teams to help grow and evolve our existing international brands such as Jamie Oliver’s Italian; our deli, pizzeria and diner brands and the newly launched Jamie Oliver Kitchen. While also having the opportunity to work on some exciting new one-off projects and brand development.
With the majority of projects based internationally, the role requires an ability to work collaboratively with international teams to deliver projects relevant to the local market, while maintaining our core brand identities and standards.
A willingness to travel to help deliver and sign-off projects will be an important part of the role and you will be expected to assist in the smooth running of the studio and the implementation of longer-term team objectives.
Please note that this role will be offered on a six-month fixed-term contract basis initially, with the potential of becoming permanent.
Responsibilities will include:
- preparing feasibility layouts under the supervision of senior team management
- assisting local teams in the conceptual development of projects under the supervision of the senior team management
- FF&E research and material sourcing
- responsibility for all aspects of job running and management of workload under the supervision and support of the senior management team
- liaising with outside project designers and franchise partners in the development and coordination of international projects
- review and critique of concept and design drawing packs produced by local teams
- producing hand-drawn sketches to aid exploration and development of designs
- assisting the team to develop new and existing restaurant brands at a conceptual level
You’ll have a design qualification and have proven experience in a design studio which demonstrates practical experience in F&B hospitality design. You’ll be passionate about cutting-edge F&B/hospitality design and have a broad range of skills to communicate and bring your ideas to life.
You’ll have a proactive attitude and will enjoy working in a collaborative environment that is constantly changing and evolving. You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative company, with lots of like-minded people and will be purpose-driven to help us positively impact the global food industry.
You’ll be a great team player and have the confidence and ability to create and maintain a positive working relationship with the members of the studio, our operators and chefs and external project teams.
You will be able to work autonomously when needed, with minimal instruction from the senior management and design studio team. You will be organised, methodical and work in a structured manner.
Essential skills and experience:
- previous experience gained from F&B/hospitality sector
- a degree in interior design or architecture
- strong CAD skills (ideally AutoCAD)
- proficiency in SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign
- good construction knowledge and understanding of technical drawings
- good organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- strong freehand sketching ability to communicate ideas quickly
- keen to travel, almost anywhere in the world
- fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer in return:
- friendly and supportive company culture in a creative office environment
- pension scheme, life insurance and medical cover
- an amazing 30 days per annum holiday allowance (plus bank holidays), pro rata for your contract
- summer hours – meaning every Friday in July and August we can finish at 4 pm
- fabulous food perks including free breakfast at the office, scrumptious lunches, foodie forums, cooking classes and the opportunity to test out Jamie’s new recipes!
- social events, discounted gym membership, plus massage and nail appointments on-site
- And lots more…
To be considered for this role please click on the link below.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, salary expectations and examples of your work.
Your information will be used and safeguarded in accordance with the linked privacy notice for recruitment. By continuing this application, you confirm that you have read and understood this privacy notice for recruitment.
At Jamie Oliver, we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.