Jean-Paul Viguier & Associés is seeking a lead interior designer/architect to join its firm in Paris, France.
Jean-Paul Viguier & Associés is an internationally recognised architecture and urban planning firm founded in 1992 and based in Paris. Highly experienced, multi-disciplinary and dynamic, the practice designs and develops projects following a global approach spanning across urban planning, landscaping, architecture, as well as interiors and furniture design. The firm works on a large number of operations, both in the public and private sectors, including innovative office space, residential, institutional and retail programs. Jean-Paul Viguier & Associés designs and executes interiors from inception to construction and completion on site. Our team comprises 140 people, including 15 different nationalities, organised around its founding architect and 12 partners.
Jean-Paul Viguier & Associés is looking for a highly creative, self-driven and technically resourceful senior interior designer with a minimum of eight+ years of experience to fill the position of director of the interior architecture department. As part of a multicultural and talented team, the successful candidate is personable, self-reliant and has the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, technical drawing and construction site experience as well as the ability to interact with clients are essential qualities for the position. A good knowledge of office and retail spaces is a plus.
- elaborating creative concepts
- translating concepts into an architectural project in coordination with other project directors
- developing the project’s palette using drawings, 3D models, material and mood boards
- managing multiple projects simultaneously
- coordinating with project management teams, economists and clients
- coordinating and managing internal resources to best meet the firms’ objectives
- liaising with consultants and suppliers
- supervising technical details and specifications
- overseeing construction sites
The successful candidate:
- has a proven track record on large scale projects
- can take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- can manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- is self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- is creative, curious and aware of new developments on the field
- knows how to interpret artistic intention and develop it into a ‘concept’
- is autonomous, organised, rigorous and responsive
- has excellent interpersonal skills and appreciates multidisciplinary team work
- knows how to consider the imperatives of deadlines, technical and budgetary goals
- know materials, standards and traffic rules specific to the profession
In addition, the candidate will be asked to:
- have a perfect knowledge of the Adobe Suite, AutoCAD and SketchUp
- proficiency in Rhino and REVIT will be considered as a real asset
- be fluent in French. Fluency in English and other languages will be a plus
Salary according to the candidate’s profile. The position is open immediately. A fixed-term or freelance contract may be negotiated.
- 35 hours per week
- tickets-restaurant for every working day
- contribution to transportation costs
- access to the firm’s savings plan and medical insurance
- 25 + 11 days of leave per annum