Laney LA is seeking an architectural interior designer to join its team in Los Angeles.
Who we are
Laney LA is an emerging architecture, dedicated to creating meaningful work. Our custom approach fuses four key tenants: a radical embrace of nature, the grounding derived from community and context, the unconventional use of timeless materials, and the nuanced expression of light and fluidity. Our passion is to discover the intersection of craft, creativity, and the human experience in each project.
As a studio, we believe in the power of the creative process to transform people’s lives and the potency of space to elevate the human experience into an art form for generations to come. Our work seeks to challenge the false dichotomies of design and practice, of luxury and economy, and of access and exclusion But when all is said and done, we seek to create work that matters and to leave a message that outlives us. A message that points to the spark of collaboration, the joy of discovery, the nostalgia of the timeless, and deep gratitude for community.
What we are looking for – the architectural interior designer possesses four key responsibilities:
- lead design across multiple projects (concept through schematic design)
- produce 2D and 3D documentation (we use ArchiCAD)
- select and manage specifications (we use Fohlio)
- craft and execute work plans (tracking hours, budget, and schedule)
These key responsibilities are further defined below.
Essential job functions – as architectural interior designer, an individual shall:
- lead the design of specific residential and commercial projects by crafting concepts that integrate and elevate the architectural language
- leverage ArchiCAD to produce drawings, specifications, material selections, and schedules for specific projects
- render conceptual design ideas and prepare 2D and 3D presentations and design drawings by working primarily in ArchiCAD
- conduct programming efforts such as space planning, layout, utilization of furnishings and equipment, and lighting and colour coordination
- develop innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, and reflective of client goals and respective of their budget
- prepare and conduct client presentations
- lead communication and coordination with other vendors, and contractors to ensure project execution
- support the construction administration phase, respond to RFIs, and review shop drawings
- ensure client delight through an efficient process and high quality deliverables
- support project managers and studio director on specific projects
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA shares the following five core values:
- designer’s passion: we demand creative energy in all ventures
- servant’s heart: we embrace the art of service
- rookie’s advantage: we pursue a steep learning curve
- detective’s curiosity: we demonstrate active listening
- warrior’s spirit: we overcome obstacles with bravery
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 5 to 15 years’ experience in high-end commercial, F&B, and residential architecture and interior design
- knowledge of ArchiCAD or a committed interest to learn and master it
- experience successfully leading interior project teams and coordinating with project consultants
- bachelor’s/master’s degree
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- extensive knowledge of furniture, fixture, equipment, architectural/interior finishes, and lighting and colour schemes
- the ability to visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision
- strong leadership and self-motivation
- experience with putting together a drawing set
- advanced sensibility of design, industry trends, materials, innovations and the aptitude to translate these ideas
- competitive salary
- health and dental benefits
- 401(K) plan
- paid vacation and holidays
- sick leave
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ link below.