Lever Architecture is looking for an intermediate architect to join its team in Los Angeles or Portland, USA.
Lever Architecture is mid-sized architecture firm based in Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles, California. We are seeking candidates to contribute to and grow with an award-winning office dedicated to design, research, and impactful projects across many different scales, regions, and typologies. The firm brings international experience and design excellence to diverse range of building types including institutional, creative office, and multi-family housing, as well as being nationally recognized for technical innovation with mass timber. The best candidates will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for design, excellent communication skills, and experience with all design phases.
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- licensed architect is a plus
- five to eight years professional architecture experience
- experience and familiarity with industry standard design software, including Revit required.
- experience coordinating with engineers and consultants
- experience producing detailed construction document sets and/or construction administration experience
- experience and familiarity with zoning and building codes is a plus
- comfortable working independently and as a productive member of a team
- highly motivated, proactive, and passionate.
- well-organized and detail-oriented, with strong graphic and verbal communication skills
- must live in or be willing to relocate to Portland, Oregon or Los Angeles, California. Lever is currently a remote working environment and will transition to a hybrid office structure as public health allows.
Duties may include:
- reporting directly to the associate or principal in charge, and potentially functioning as a project architect or project manager
- production of diagrams, models, renderings, and drawings for internal study, design presentation, consultant coordination, or client presentations
- research and preparation of presentation materials
- coordination with various engineers and consultants as required for the successful completion of various phases of design
- responsibility for the management and/or production of construction and contract documents
This is a full-time position. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples via the ‘apply for job’ button below.
No phone calls please.
This is an excellent opportunity to pursue your design career in a growing, award-winning firm. Lever provides competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.
Lever Architecture is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive studio. We believe that a diverse staff of creative and high-skilled individuals is necessary to achieve our vision. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who contribute to the diversity of our workforce.
Founded in Portland, Oregon, Lever Architecture is a design practice that was founded in 2009. In 2021 Lever established a Los Angeles Office. The 35-person firm is widely recognized for material innovation and pioneering work with Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT). Lever projects encompass first-of-their-kind timber buildings for clients such as The Nature Conservancy and Adidas and include more than $1M in research to develop and test wood building assemblies. The firm’s work challenges conventional methods of fabrication, uses local and commonplace materials in unexpected ways, and pursues construction that benefits the environment and regional economy. This approach emphasizes transformation at every level of design and brings greater beauty and meaning to the final built work.
Lever was recently recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms; and in 2017, was named to Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard and the Architectural League of New York’s Emerging Voices. The firm’s work has been featured in news outlets including the New York Times, the Atlantic, Dwell, and Metropolis among others. Lever projects were also recently featured in Timber City, an exhibition at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC.