L’Observatoire International is seeking lighting designers to join its team in New York.
Excellent opportunities to join award-winning, highly collaborative, team-oriented, creatively driven international architectural lighting design firm looking for full time lighting designers with a minimum of one year of relevant work experience (including internship) in architectural lighting design.
Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply!
Candidate should be a professional who is exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
In addition to learning the tools of our trade you are expected to gain experience and develop:
- strong sensibility and appreciation for design communication and eye for detail
- strong analytical skills, an attention to detail and the ability to problem solve and make decisions based on changing conditions
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- work collaboratively as a member of L’Observatoire’s project team on multiple projects
- participate in design work sessions to digest architectural/interior design and be involved with development of lighting concepts to reveal the aesthetic qualities of a space
- assist fellow lighting designers with project documentation (lighting layouts, fixture specifications etc.) and design research to develop lighting details
- produce and document the lighting design via CAD layouts, lighting details, light fixture schedules and lighting control specifications
- participate in final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming at the project site
As part of your training and development you should expect to engage with and develop proficiency in the following:
- experience with physical model making
- proficiency in AutoCAD
- developed skills in 3D modelling software (Revit, Rhino)
- advanced knowledge in Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and MS Office and Google Suite
- developed skills with specialised light calculation software (AGI/Dialux)
- learn and apply LOI standards to all facets of your work (drawings, presentations, minutes etc.)
We are a New York City-based lighting design office, with additional offices in Europe, in business for 30 years, collaborating with prominent architectural and interior design firms world-wide.
Please visit L’Observatoire’s website for a review of our portfolio, our team, new projects in development and awards!
- competitive salary commensurate with experience
- excellent benefits including medical/dental/vision/STD
- 401K plan
- generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal days
- education days
- company/team events
- encouraging growth opportunities (training and mentoring by experienced managerial staff)
L’Observatoire International encourages international and out-of-state candidates to apply! Visa sponsorships available for qualified applicants.
L’Observatoire does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. L’Observatoire encourages applications from minorities, women and all other qualified applicants.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the apply for job button below. No telephone calls please!