at MAD Architects
MAD Architects is hiring a senior architect to join its practice in Beijing, China.
MAD Architects is a global studio of talented architects, designers, and creative thinkers. We are dedicated to impact the experience and understanding of the built space that surrounds us, and from there we develop visionary, fluid, and technologically advanced designs that embody a contemporary interpretation of the Eastern affinity for nature.
Our team of 130 works across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, and Rome. Our projects range from large-scale urban developments and masterplan to imaginative civic, cultural, residential and hospitality buildings of varying scale. We endeavour to improve the balance between people, their built environment, and their natural surroundings.
For our growing Beijing office, we are looking for talents of all levels of experience to join our teams on ambitious projects. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD Architects.
The opportunity for you:
- you will be involved in the design, architectural and technical aspects as well as parts of the overall project management through the entire design process from concept to constructed reality
- you will develop, represent and communicate project packages internally and externally with clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility
- you will be offered the opportunity to take on a key role in the design and project development within MAD Architects
We hope you:
- are a globally-minded individual with a proactive, positive attitude. You have an excellent academic background (BArch/MArch degree or equivalent required)
- have worked for at least ten years’ in-depth, post-qualification leading international architecture firms, and have succeeded as a senior architect on a series of complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic and hospitality projects through all stages of design to construction
- combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with thorough technical knowledge and managerial experience, and are a clear and precise communicator
- bring extensive expertise in construction drawing and detailing, are well-versed in building systems and materials, and demonstrate a profound knowledge of practice and industry standards and codes
- thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy imparting your knowledge and contributing to multiple teams, and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- are skilled in AutoCAD, and possess working knowledge of Rhino, ideally also of Maya. You are fluent in English, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.