There is an opportunity for a landscape designer to join MAD Architects in Beijing.
MAD Architects is a studio of architects, designers, and creative thinkers dedicated to impacting how humans experience and understand the built space. Working at MAD will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself creatively and technically. As a member of our growing team, you will work cross-culturally with talented, like-minded individuals on unique global projects of varying typologies – from commercial to cultural, hospitality to residential. MAD is an international team of 130 staff across offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, New York, and Rome.
We are currently looking for a landscape designer to join our team in Beijing. If you are a globally-minded individual who possesses a strong aesthetic design sensibility, are detail oriented, and have experience working on large-scale projects, then we’d like to hear from you.
- bachelor’s degree, or higher, landscape design; landscape architecture; or related field of study
- a minimum of four years working in a leading, international architecture firm
- experience working on domestic and international large-scale civic/cultural/sports facility projects, and have been involved in a minimum of two under construction/completed projects – from schematic design to realization (please be specific about your role on these projects in your portfolio)
Professional and personal skills:
- expertise in surveying landscaping work, and preparing blueprints/construction drawings
- expertise in preparing environmental impact assessments based on proposed construction design
- strong visual/graphic capabilities to accurately represent proposed design plans; and ensure projects can be completed on time and under budget
- demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of plants and planting design, including landform design, paving design, and water features
- excellent communication skills in order to effectively convey design ideas and plans with clients and project consultants
- highly skilled in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite, with a working knowledge of Revit and Rhino
- highly organised and efficient, able to multi-task through tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and is a strong team player
How to apply
Candidates should send their resume and portfolio in PDF format (max. 6MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.