Manager - interior design
Marcel Wanders is looking for an interior design manager to join its team in Amsterdam.
Marcel Wanders is an internationally renowned studio based in the spirited Dutch capital, Amsterdam. Together with our talented international team of over 50 specialists, we realise exciting projects for premium brands and private clients around the globe. Our mission is to ‘create an environment of love, live with passion, and make our most exciting dreams come true’. Our thriving, inspiring studio space located in the heart of the creative Jordaan district.
To strengthen our operations team, Marcel Wanders is looking for a manager – interior design.
The manager interior design who we are looking for is responsible for the operational management of our interior design and 3D design teams on various scale of projects through all design stages from inception to completion. In this versatile role you are the facilitator for all key players in the studio. Proactively supporting the design teams in managing their deliverables and workflows is your second nature. Managing clients and external parties is also part of the profile. As the manager – interior design you ensure a clear overview is kept of the project management status of all clients and projects. Your excellent leadership abilities makes you the people manager we are looking for. Next to your proven track record of excellent project management, you’re familiar with hiring team members, evaluations and appraisals and career development guidance. Your experience with interior design processes – preferably as designer, and your natural way of motivating and stimulating the teams will help you bring our amazing projects and team members to the next level. You will assist with new business opportunities by delivering input for project planning for new projects, with a clear understanding of capacity, resources and budgets in interior design. You are responsible for providing business intake team with the relevant information needed to ensure maximum profitability of all interior design projects.
- a proven track record in the management of process, people and profitability is key
- professional degree in architecture BScs. or MScs. or equivalent, registered in country of education with experience working in an international environment as an interior designer – focus on hospitality, residential and retail
- minimum 10 years’ experience in a design management position
- strong experience of managing client and 3rd party relationships whilst safeguarding timelines, milestones, sign off
- excellent client and people management skills in order to successfully draft and implement change orders where necessary
- excellent competencies in project planning: allocating resources, identifying key milestones, setting and reaching deadlines to ensure project profitability
- ability to work on several projects concurrently and thrive in afast-pacedd entrepreneurial environment is required
- self-motivated, enthusiastic and comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- energetic, pro-active and driven with a good sense of ownership
- Experience managing team members career path trajectories and guiding personal and professional development is essential
- excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written – Dutch language is a plus
- living in Amsterdam, or willing to relocate here
- European working Visa – no need to apply if you don’t have a valid EU Visa.