Mark Pinney Associates is looking for a studio manager to join its team based in London.
Mark Pinney Associates is an award-winning architectural studio with an excellent reputation for delivering highly complex and challenging projects across the residential, hospitality, commercial and retail sectors. Great emphasis is placed on the studio environment and the team to ensure it is an engaging and inspiring place to work.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the administerial side of the studio, including practice/financial management, marketing, new business and publicity, premises management and administrative support.
The role is varied, and daily tasks include
Practice/financial management – 50 per cent
Day-to-day overview of all office systems/protocols, bookkeeping in XERO, managing the company’s cash flow, payments, staff payroll, liaising with accountants monthly, bank reconciliation, filing, project invoicing in CMAP tool, profitability management on projects, updating practice policies, working with, and supporting the management team.
Premises management – 20 per cent
Ordering supplies when needed, liaising with landlord and building management, health and safety and liaising with the cleaners.
Administration support – 30 per cent
Meeting and greeting, answering the phone, dealing with post/enquiries/deliveries, database management, archiving/filing, travel bookings, management of subscriptions and insurance, liaising with IT support, onboarding new staff, HR duties, general office organisation, supporting Architectural staff and staff events.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Microsoft applications to advanced standard
- at least five years’ experience in similar role and industry
- knowledge of health and safety and employment laws
- fluent English: written and verbal
- knowledge of booking keeping software (Xero)
- ability to represent the firm to visitors, clients and consultants
- knowledge or understanding of document control systems
- experience in preparing contractual documentation
- experience of managing, motivating and developing staff
- be reliable and self-directed, able to follow through and complete tasks to a high standard
- friendly and approachable, whilst being assertive, when necessary, with the ability to make quick and timely decisions
- flexibility/team player – a willingness to use their own initiative
- confident in communicating at all levels and cultures
- organised and able to work to their own deadlines
The job is full-time. Salary will be dependent on experience.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. If you meet the above criteria, please submit your CV and a brief covering letter setting out why you believe you would be suitable, your availability/notice period, your preferred salary range using the apply for job button below.
Mark Pinney Associates is an equal opportunity employer, provides training and encourages career development. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.