Marks Barfield Architects is looking for a studio coordinator to join its practice in London.
A varied, stimulating admin role; if you appreciate architecture, are super organised and enthusiastic, and would like to become involved in assisting with the smooth running of an interesting friendly architectural practice, please read the job spec below and apply.
Marks Barfield Architects is a contemporary award winning architectural practice www.marksbarfield.com. While working at the practice you will build up a knowledge of the architects and their teams, the projects, the clients and everything involved in running a practice.
To coordinate an activity – to organise various people and things involved in it:
Working with the studio manager you will keep the office tidy and well run, with everything stocked and working; to help create a happy, productive environment for all to appreciate.
Day to day studio coordinator’s tasks will include:
- answering phones, greeting clients and visitors, preparing meeting rooms
- general office and administration duties
- some diary management
- dealing with post and couriers
- liaising with architects when support is required; organising documents for meetings and delivery, refreshments for meetings and a myriad of other requests
- arranging business travel for directors; and attendance at conferences
- keeping all supplies in stock; from stationery to freshly ground coffee and French pastries
- updating and maintaining data bases
- running the petty cash and controlling supplier invoices
The ideal candidate:
- polite and friendly telephone manner
- well presented and personable; happy to greet clients to printing engineers with the same positive and welcoming approach
- strong communication and writing skills
- attention to detail
- fantastic organisational capability; gaining satisfaction from a good-looking office space
- proficient in IT and software including Outlook, Word and Excel
- ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- positive common sense attitude; full of suggestions and a willingness to seize and complete tasks
Previous experience in a similar role a definite advantage; however a graduate or first jobber could be given training while in the role
Marks Barfield Architects is an equal opportunities employer
Please email a copy of your cv, with a covering letter including why you are interested in this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with studio coordinator in the subject line.
3D printing technician
at UCL Barlett School of Architecture