Metaphor is seeking a senior exhibition designer to join its team in London.
Do you want to be part of a design team inspiring generations with powerful stories and beautiful design?
Do you like working on every part of the design process and leading design teams?
Are you looking to start work as soon as possible?
We are a small, lively design practice looking for a talented, motivated and hard-working exhibition designer, from an architectural background, to join our team. We have an exciting range of new projects, including large masterplans for national institutions, prestigious permanent gallery re-designs and thought-provoking temporary exhibitions.
We specialise in storytelling and support our clients to educate audiences, provoke conversations and inspire change through creative storytelling and innovative design. Metaphor has recently relaunched with a new management team so there has never been a more exciting time to join us! You can find out more about who we are and what we do by visiting our website.
If this sounds like you, please read the full job description and person specification below and apply today!
How to apply
Please send your CV, a short portfolio and a cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification to Katrina Dickinson, director of business development and marketing using the ‘apply’ link below.
Application deadline: Monday 8 March 2021, 5PM
Expected interview date: w/c 8 March
Job title: senior exhibition designer
Responsible to: director of architecture and design
Duties and responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- producing reports, presentations and attending interviews for new work
- project management of complex teams (internal team, external sub-contractors etc.)
- developing and producing conceptual designs for competitions and tenders
- liasing with clients and being the main point of contact for clients across multiple projects
- managing multiple projects at once and prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
- leading design teams through RIBA Stages 1-4 efficiently and effectively
- overseeing projects on site from Stage 5 to practical completion
- effectively communicating and collaborating with sub-consultants to meet project and client requirements
- technical capabilities to produce tender drawings for exhibition fit-out contractors
- producing all design materials necessary to develop an exhibition and masterplan project
- collaborating with the team in the development of new conceptual ideas and scheme designs
- producing sketches, rendered drawings, visualisations, architectural plans/sections/elevations, diagrams
- building models (digital or physical) for concept, scheme and detail design
- general administrative tasks and line management duties as required by the business
- demonstrating initiative in your own personal development and learning about the company, clients and industry
- Part 2 architectural assistant or Part 3 architect – E
- three to five years’ exhibition design experience – E
- managing multiple projects at the same time and prioritising tasks to meet deadlines – E
- managing client relationships (experience of being main point of contact for client and coordinating all communication) – E
- leading projects from start to completion – E
- site experience (including producing snagging lists, responding to contractor RFI’s, overseeing site works to practical completion) – E
- VectorWorks 2D and 3D – E
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign – E
- SketchUp – E
- BIM capabilities -D
- Rhino – D
- Cinema 4D – D
- excellent design skills with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail – E
- strong interpersonal and communication skills – E
- organisational and time management skills – E
- ability to work independently and as part of a team – E
- ability to produce technical packages of work for tenders – E
- ability to show initiative – E
- willingness to get involved in ad-hoc tasks as required by the business – E
- willing to adhere to Metaphor’s values – E
E = essential D = desirable
We are currently based in Croydon, London. Remote working will be available but a mix of home and office working will be required when it is safe to do so.
Contract: full time, yearly rolling contract. Start date ASAP
Salary: competitive salary