Michaelis Boyd is looking for an experienced Part 3 architect with a minimum of five years’ experience to join its practice in London.
We are an architectural and interior design led practice that works on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the US. We are involved in all aspects of design, big or small; including unique new build architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, sound construction knowledge, and experience of completing complex architectural projects. We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
Project lead/runner on simultaneous projects including:
- a mix of refurbishment and new build schemes
- distinctive restaurants, bars and boutique hotels
- high-end residential projects
- presenting design work and pitches to clients
- leading all RIBA work stages with particular focus on stages 4 Technical Design and 5 Construction/On site
On site including:
- leading/supervising concept/developed designs and technical design
- managing and leading design/contractor meetings
- contract administration
- on-site management
- managing deadlines and budgets
- creative – an emphasis on creative design for a wide variety of locations and client types
- craft – ability to produce high quality hand drawings as well as 3D modelling and presentations
- detail – high-level technical drawings (building scale & detail) which illustrate your understanding of UK building regulations
- knowledge – a good understanding of contract administration
- relationship management and excellent interpersonal skills
- demonstrable experience of being the main point of contact for all external parties (clients/contractors/surveyors etc.)
- supervisory experience
- team player who is willing and able to be involved at any stage with other projects for the benefit of the whole practice
- fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a CAD drawing package, preferably Vectorworks and/or SketchUp
- French language skills would be beneficial
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package, salary is dependent on experience. If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio as a single PDF file using the ‘apply’ link below.