Montalba Architects is seeking a hospitality-based project architect to join its office in Santa Monica, USA.
Montalba Architects, is a design-focused and high-service architectural practice based in Santa Monica, California with a satellite office in Lausanne, Switzerland. We work with a wide range of local and international clients and our body of work consists of private residences, boutique retail stores, hospitality and commercial projects.
Our LA office is centred within the Bergamot Station Art campus in Santa Monica; amongst art galleries and the newly opened Metro Expo line station. We have a studio-like atmosphere where individuals can focus, inspire and learn from each other. We are seeking individuals that are excited for challenges and dedicated to crafting great projects together. We invite people that have high expectations for their own work, are good problem solvers and enjoy a collaborative work environment to join our team.
- completion of BArch or MArch
- minimum of 12 years of hospitality/commercial work experience in an architectural office
- experience in type 1 construction beneficial
- well organised, precise and attentive to detail
- great verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- ability to work well and self-motivate in a collaborative team environment
- enthusiasm to accommodate various shifting schedules, project demands, and deadlines
- AutoCAD experience required, Revit a plus
- ability to travel for projects
- project management /oversight
- coordinate with internal teams to complete highly refined and complex projects
- identify and coordinate complex regulatory challenges
- oversee coordination with client, consultants and contractors
- construction administration experience required
- coordinate complex, project-specific challenges
- permitting and agency coordination preferred
- interest in mentoring junior staff
Construction document must include examples of construction document sheets in submission.
- coordinate with teams to produce high-quality construction documents and project manual
- oversee development of architectural details
- research materials, systems, code and implement to drawings
- provide quality control for drawing sets
This is a full-time, salaried position. We provide a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We support growth within the office and encourage professional development. A successful candidate should have a strong interest in retail and residential work and a desire to grow quickly in knowledge and responsibility. With projects across the United States and throughout Europe, potential candidates must be able to travel and be actively engaged with projects outside of our California office.
No phone calls please. Please apply by emailing us using the ‘apply’ link below and add ‘project architect position’ in the title. Limit file size to 10MB max, please. Montalba Architects will review all submitted work and contact selected candidates for an interview.